Friday, February 12, 2010

Have any of you ladies worn false eyelashes for your wedding day?

I have really short eyelashes and I am interested in wearing false lashes for my wedding day next weekend. What were your experiences with them??? I will probably cry and be dancing so getting hot and just wondering if they will stay on through all of thisHave any of you ladies worn false eyelashes for your wedding day?
I do a lot of theater and have worn them for all the shows I've been in. Stage lighting and costumes are pretty hot and I've never had a problem.





False eyelashes look a lot more natural than they used to, so I think it's a great idea if you have really short natural lashes!





My best advice is:





Go with ones of a moderate length, slightly longer than your natural ones (don't go for the really super long ones or it will look silly).





Unless you plan on wearing dark eyeliner on your top lid, go with the clear glue, not the black.





Get two pair and practice a few times with one pair first. It takes a couple of tries to get them on straight.





Put them as close to the natural lash line as you can and go easy on the glue.





They should stay put all day.





Good luck!Have any of you ladies worn false eyelashes for your wedding day?
I wore individual lash extensions on my upper lashes (you can't wear them on the lower ones), and waterproof mascara on the lower ones. It worked beautifully. I always have trouble with mascara running and smudging and clumping (even the waterproof kind). The individual ones lasted a solid two weeks. I had no trouble with them on wedding day: they stayed on and looked good. They're glued onto your own lashes, so they just fell off when the natural lash grew out. I paid about $100 for mine and had them applied at the salon by a trained professional. It was well worth the expense to me.
You know, I thought about it...but then, I was told that if I had never worn them before, that my wedding day was NOT the day to start wearing them, as they feel really wierd and can take some getting used to.


My advice is to get some really good quality mascara-as some helps to make your lashes appear bigger and fuller than they actually are. If you had asked this question a few months ago, I'd have said give 'em a try and that way you'll be used to wearing them by The Day. But now, I'd say wear really good eyeliner and good mascara (And consider putting just the tiniest bit of white eyeliner beneath your lower lash-it helps make eyes look bigger and more doe-like), and that will make your eyes look big and dramatic.
I did. I had ';permanent'; eyelash extensions applied at a salon. They apply them one at a time, and it took about 2.5 hours. They looked natural, fabulous, you can wear them for your wedding AND honeymoon (no runny mascara and you always look ';done';), and no need to worry about them falling off during your ceremony, in your soup, or on the dance floor! Lol! You also don't have to worry about mishaps with eyelash glue, which can be dangerous.





Mine lasted about month after the wedding, and I still had a few on 6 weeks later (I let them grow out).





Those are all of the pros. The cons are that you can't get them too wet or use certain makeup removers, cost (I paid $75 PER EYE), and if you don't get them professionally removed after, you may lose eyelashes (breakage) or have them fall off unevenly which can look odd. Thankfully, I didn't have much trouble with any of the above. It was certainly worth it, at least for me.





If you can afford it, I highly suggest a high quality set of eyelash extensions applied at a salon. They're worth every penny. They also look MUCH more natural that typical fake eyelashes, which make them more suitable for your wedding photos.
I wore fake lashes on my Wedding day. I wanted my eyes to look gorgeous and they did. I went to the beauty salon and had them put on the temporary lashes. The lashes lasted four days and did not fall even though I cried, danced and slept. But, when they came off some lashes would still stay on and the eyes look really strange. When I would try to pull them off that was pain.


Look gorgeous but afterwards are a difficult to take off.
I just had my hair and makeup trial and we tried out the fake lashes strips to see how they looked and felt.





They felt a little weird at first, but then my makeup gal used some mascara to blend my lashes and the fake ones and once she did, honestly, I couldn't even feel them.





I left them on for the rest of that evening, slept with em, and wore them all throughout the next day and it was only the next night that one of the strips even looked like it was coming loose just a bit on one corner. Amazing! And they're easy and painless to take off.





I highly recommend you wear them for your wedding! Even if they look a little more dramatic than you're used to when you look in the mirror, know that they will make your pictures stunning.





My advice is if you are putting them on, PRACTICE or bring over a friend who is experienced with them. If you have a makeup artist, then you don't need to worry because they're pro at applying them perfectly.





Good luck! :)
Yes they look amazing. I recommend getting some nice lashes though http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jh鈥?/a> like these. You should also buy a cheap set to practice with before the wedding because they can be a bit of a challenge to put on. If you use the right glue they will stay on all day. Once you place the glue on the lash wait 30 seconds for the glue to become tacky before placing it on your eyelid. Use this tutorial and PRACTICE! http://www.wikihow.com/Apply-False-Eyela鈥?/a>
If you've never worn them before your wedding day is not the day to try them ,they will feel weird and it might show in the pictures if you're not comfortable!


if you're getting you makeup done by a professional i would have a trial makeup session and try them and see how you feel .





Congrats.
i typically wear them if i am going out ( clubbing) so i will wear them on my wedding day. I wear them when i go to wedding too. If you are not skilled have a makeup artist put them on the do not hear and come off with soap and water. So they will stay on until you wash your face. I get them from Mac or Target.
i love them so much i started applying them and wearing them after the wedding..get the single pieces of lashed (like little strands) and have some one glue them on for you..my make-up lady did mine the day of the wedding..don't worry they will not come off if done right..if you are going to do them yourself then practice a couple of times and wear them out..
I wore those little sections of fake eyelashes (instead of the whole way across the eye). I cried a LOT (good tears!) but it was very, very obvious I had fakies on by the end of the night and the pics showed it!
I am not married yet, but I do wear them to other occasions and I love them they make your eyes look great, but get them done at a salon, don't use the ones you stick on yourself.
i was thinking of wearing them , but then thought that lash extensions would be better cause they wouldn't peel or fall off - from crying or if i had an itchy eye. Might be another option for you.
YES GO FOR IT....They wont come off if you cry....They actually look great with your photos.....Dont Miss out.
if you cry they will come off

No comments:

Post a Comment